Business Support Guide
Below are some business support programmes available to business owners based in the West Midlands:
- Innovation Networks offers grants of £10,000 to West Midlands SMEs that are collaborating with other regional SMEs on the development of a new product, process or service. Check out www.innovation-networks.co.uk for more details.
- Electric and Intelligent Vehicles offers grants of up to £30,000 for West Midlands SMEs to access expertise in electric vehicle technologies or intelligent vehicle systems to help them with an innovative product development or to diversify into a new market. Call the Electric & Intelligent Vehicles Project on 024 76 236 245 for more info.
- Cluster2020 are running events, workshops and creating video, print and web resources to help creative and digital businesses become more informed, more efficient and more expert. The aim is to help them overcome barriers and seize opportunities for growth. Visit www.cluster2020live.eu for more details.
- Enterprise Europe Network Midlands supports Midlands businesses to be more competitive and innovative in Europe. The team of experienced specialists provide a range of free services to help you: develop your business in new markets; source or licence new technologies and access EU finance and EU funding. Call 024 7623 6236 for more information.
- Eco Business offers grant support of up to £2,400 to help regional SMEs to cut costs, reduce waste and find new opportunities for growth. It can help those looking for initial compliance with environmental issues through to increasing the competitive advantage of your business. In addition to the grant, part funding towards consultancy work can also be provided. Call Eco Business on 024 7615 8206 for further details.
- Funding 4 Innovation offers grants of £3,000 to £5,000 to SMEs in rural Warwickshire who are developing an innovative product, process or service. Check out www.funding4innovation.co.uk for more info.
- West Midlands (SME) Internationalisation Project offers grants of £1,000 or £2,500 to eligible West Midlands SMEs to assist them in developing their international business aspirations and potential. The project covers direct grant assistance plus advice and information on overseas priority market opportunities. As well as direct financial grants, eligible West Midlands SMEs can take advantage of specialist support from a UKTI International Trade Adviser. Check out www.wmbusinessexport.co.uk for further details.
- West Midlands International Innovation Centre provides free support and advice on Innovation and R&D to SMEs that are looking to develop internationally. This can range from SMEs who are R&D intensive but have never exported through to internationally experienced SMEs who are looking for specific innovation advice. Find out more through their website www.wmbusinessexport.co.uk
- Metrology for Industry West Midlands helps SME businesses to access grant funded expertise to use applied metrology to improve their resource efficiency. Metrology Reviews are undertaken by industry experts and can be followed up by grants of up to £10,000 to implement improvements. Call 024 7623 6326 for more information.
- Serious Games Studio (SGS) is an ERDF funded project that provides technical guidance and support to West Midlands based SMEs for the development of highly innovative serious game and mobile app concepts into proof-of-concept demonstrators. The project offers a five day studio session which will assist the regional SME to present their concept to a potential funder/investor. Check out www.sgs-lab.com for further details about the programme.
- Smarter Working West Midlands aims to raise the productivity of organisations whilst reducing carbon emissions, through a collection of measures and initiatives that include two days of free industry expert advice and free subject specific workshops. Check out www.smarterworkingwm.co.uk for more info.
- The Technology Innovation Futures West Midlands project helps qualifying SMEs in the West Midlands to examine existing technologies, investigate new solutions and implement change. The project can fund 50% of up to ten days consultancy and also offers free workshops and networking opportunities for SMEs looking to improve their knowledge of emerging technology. More info can be found at www.tifwm.co.uk
- Touch Digital offers fully funded support for West Midlands SMEs interested in digital technology and how it can be integrated into product development or business strategy. Through a range of activities including 1-2-1 advice and support, learning events and access to the Touch Digital Techlab, businesses will understand how digital technology can increase customer engagement and make a product or service more visible, more impactful and ultimately more profitable. See www.touchdigital.eu for further details.
- Innovative Product Support Service (IPSS) provides fully funded guidance in the development of new products and processes. For example, it can look at Intellectual Property, product design and new product development planning – offering up to 6 days support. The program is delivered by a university consortium including Coventry, Wolverhampton, Stafford and Keele. SME and West Midlands eligibility required. Check out www.wlv.ac.uk/IPSS for more info.
If you know of any business support programmes that should be listed up here, please get in touch so we can share it.